we did get our keys back after eric, the lead glee actor look alike, brought our keys to us by midnight.they managed to reach the owner of the car in which they left the keys.
we started out the day in thundertstorms. we happily hid in the beautiful circle centre mall attached to our hotel. the sun started shining in the afternoon and we were lucky enough to enjoy the outdoors. what a great choice norm...Indianapolis is so beautiful..who would have thought. it is so clean and yes, very walkable. downtown is so compact with , Monument Circle which leads you to the indiana state capitol. no garbage nor graffiti; none to be seen. one can walk all along the banks of central canal off of white state park. it is a mix of ottawa and what we imagine venice to be. We had lunch at the 'Left Bank Cafe'. the people are so kind as they welcome us with their twang and 'uh ha' instead of 'you're welcome'. 'mass ave' (massachusetts avenue) was a trendy neighbourhood where we were able to have a beer in outdoor patio. bob, norm said that 'buttface' is no connection to you.
we are leaving for oklahoma city early tomorrow morning...a 12 hr journey...yikes!! hoping to avoid tornadoes.
we are trying to get a photo memory card reader so we can add photos to the blog.
hope u are enjoying the great weather in TO too. love, M&N
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes, we need pictures. I tried to link a map; but too much trouble.
ReplyDeleteWe were worried about those missing keys! Loved hearing aboutIndianopolis, looking forward to OKLAHOMA, I happen to know a song abot that. Are you using your iPod to make hotel reservations?
ReplyDeleteJanice
"Indiana wants me. Lord I can't go back there."
ReplyDeleteWho sang that?
"Well I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma..." Three Dog Night
How is the quilt going, Marianne?
alice